SEPA direct debits
Dealing regularly with the same overseas partners?
SEPA Direct Debits are an easy and efficient payments solution. You can make direct debit payments in Euros to all Single European Payment Area (SEPA) countries – all European Union member states, plus Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Monaco and San Marino.
There are two SEPA Direct Debit schemes:
- Core scheme – where the payer can be a consumer or a business
- Business to Business (B2B) scheme – where the payer is a business
These are the reasons for using SEPA Direct Debits:
- They are a quick and convenient way to make repeat Euro payments
- You know that the beneficiary will receive the full payment, on time
- You can use a single tool for making multiple payments across most of Europe
- Payments can be debited to a current account denominated in Sterling or in Euros