Switch your business account
Switch to us for a simple business account and access to our bespoke products and services.
After submitting your application we will check we have all the information we need and we will contact you if anything is missing. Then, it will usually take us up to 6 weeks to open your account.
When your 12-month free banking period ends, the pricing below will apply.
Estimate with our calculator how much your account could cost.
Monthly FeeA fixed fee for operating your account.
Electronic payments (in or out)Includes online, automated and debit card payments.
Cash payments (in or out)Cash you pay in to or withdraw from your account using our branch counter or Depositpoint™. We don’t charge for Cashpoint® withdrawals.
The first £1500 per month - £1.00 per £100
Anything over £1500 per month - £0.90 per £100
Cheques (in or out)Any cheque you pay in or out of your current account via any of these: a branch counter Depositpoint™ bulk or other cheque deposit service, including cheque imaging via the business mobile banking app.
Credit inWe charge a fee when you pay in a credit of cheques or cash: at the branch counter through other cheque or cash deposit services. We do not charge this fee when you pay in via any of these: Depositpoint™, Night Safe, Bank of Scotland Business mobile app cheque imaging, Post Office® counter Immediate Deposit Machine.
¹Free day-to-day business banking includes:
- Standing orders
- Direct debits
- Deposits and withdrawals.
All we ask is that you operate your account in credit or within agreed limits.
Free electronic payments include:
- Direct debits
- standing orders
- debit card transactions
- free cashpoint withdrawals from Bank of Scotland, Lloyds Bank and Halifax cash machines. Withdrawals from other ATM may incur additional charges set by the owner of the machine’
- internet debits and credits
- Telephone Banking debits and credits
- Faster Payments debits and credits
- internet bulk payments
- automated credits.
2You'll need iOS or Android. The app is not compatible with some older versions of these operating systems. Please check the Apple App Store or Google Play. You'll need to have registered for Business Internet Banking. Terms and conditions apply.
Switching to us is easy
- arrange for your old bank to close your previous account and transfer any credit balance to your new Bank of Scotland account
- transfer all incoming and outgoing payments within the seven-working-day guarantee
- redirect all payments to and from your old account to your new account for at least three years
- refund you for any interest or charges incurred on your old or new account as a result of an unlikely delay caused by us.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Eligible deposits with Bank of Scotland plc are protected up to a total of £85,000. Due to eligibility criteria, not all business customers will be covered.
Independent service quality survey results
Business current accounts
Published August 2022
As part of a regulatory requirement, an independent survey was conducted to ask approximately 1,200 customers of each of the 15 largest business current account providers if they would recommend their provider to other small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs*). The results represent the view of customers who took part in the survey.
Overall service quality
We asked customers how likely they would be to recommend their business current account provider to other SMEs.
*SMEs include businesses, clubs, charities and societies with an annual turnover/income of up to £25m (exclusive of VAT and other turnover-related taxes).
Cashpoint® is a registered trademark of Lloyds Bank plc.