What to do if you have a complaint
We set out to provide the highest level of customer service possible. However, if you ever experience a problem, we will always seek to resolve this as quickly and efficiently as possible. If something has gone wrong please bring this to the attention of any member of staff.
If you have a complaint
We are committed to providing products and services of the very highest standards. If you feel that we haven't lived up to your expectations in any way, we'd like to know so we can put things right for you.
Ways to complain:
- Inform your usual contact at the bank; make sure they know about your complaint and tell them how you think it could be resolved. We'll make sure we respond to you, usually within five business days.
- Call our Commercial Telephone Banking Centre on 0345 300 0268 7am-8pm Monday to Friday, 9am-2pm Saturdays. To call us from outside the UK call +44 131 549 8724. You can also contact us on Textphone 0345 300 2755. We're closed on all bank holidays.
- Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Bank of Scotland, PO Box 761, Leeds LS1 9JF.
We'll do all we can to resolve your complaint by the end of the next business day. If we can't do this, we'll write to you within five working days to tell you what we've done to resolve the problem, or acknowledge your complaint and let you know when you can expect a full response. We'll also let you know the name and contact details of the person or team dealing with your case.
Financial Ombudsman Service
Commercial customers that are micro-enterprises with a group annual turnover or balance sheet up to €2 million (sterling equivalent) and who have fewer than 10 employees may be eligible to take their complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
If you have a complaint and we haven't issued our response within the above timescales from the date you first raised your complaint, or if you're dissatisfied with our response, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review. The Financial Ombudsman Service will only consider your complaint once you've tried to resolve it with us, so please take up your concerns with us first and we'll do all we can to help. The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR. Tel: 0800 023 4567 or from outside the UK: +44 20 7964 0500. For further information visit the Financial Ombudsman Service website at:www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us a maximum number of days to issue a final response;
- If your complaint relates to payment services or e-money (e.g. Direct Debit, Online Transaction) we aim to issue a final response within 15 business days after receiving your complaint. Should something outside of our control cause a delay, the FCA gives us a maximum of 35 business days.
- For all other types of complaint the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us eight weeks to issue a final response but we will aim to get your complaint resolved well before this deadline.