Comprehensive cover that works for you
As a tradesman, your business is personal. Protect it by protecting yourself and the equipment you rely on. Whether you know what you want or would like some help understanding what protection you need, Bank of Scotland Business Insurance Services can help.
We work with Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, part of one of the largest insurance broking groups in the world. They can provide quotes from a select panel of insurers, chosen for their competitive prices and range of cover.
You should consider Tradesman Insurance if you provide a service that requires you to:
- work on a building site
- work in a customer’s home
- work on other premises
Why Bank of Scotland Business Insurance Services?
- Right cover at a competitive price - the best price returned from a panel of insurers, saving you the time and hassle of shopping around
- A name you can trust - Arthur J Gallagher is a UK Commercial Retail Broker with over 40 years' experience in the UK market
- Expertise in Tradesman Insurance and understands the challenges you face within your industry
- Immediate cover can be requested and you can receive confirmation of cover by email straight away, giving you peace of mind
- Choose your own cover limits to ensure you have the right level of protection for the job you are doing
For more information or a quote call 0345 377 0001 (Mon-Fri, 8am -6pm)
Types of businesses that would typically have Tradesman Insurance include:
- Ironing services
- Painters and decorators
- Sign writers
- Window cleaners
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list
What is Tradesman Insurance?
If you are working on site, in a customer’s home or on other premises, this policy protects you, a partner or employee should a customer claim against you for an accident that causes injury or damage and provides compensation to correct your mistakes as well as cover any legal costs.
If a painter and decorator accidentally spills paint over a customer’s carpet whilst working. The tradesman would be liable for the cost of replacing the damaged carpet.
Public Liability is the core element of insurance in this policy, however there are many other optional covers and products available to help protect your business.
Types of cover available
- Employers Liability- Protects you against claims made by employees as a result of an accident causing injury or damage to their property. Employers’ Liability is a legal requirement for almost all businesses that employ staff (including contractors, casual workers and volunteers).
- Tool Cover - Protects your tools (hand held, power tools and equipment) against loss or theft.
- Stock Cover -Protecting the stock you keep on your business premises against loss or theft.
- Plant Cover - Protects hired in plant equipment against theft or accidental damage including continuing hire costs.
- Business Interruption - Protects the loss of revenue should you be impacted by an event out of your control which prevents you from trading.
- Professional Indemnity - protects you should a customer claim against you for professional negligence and provides compensation to correct your mistakes as well as cover any legal costs.
Did you know?
- Some trade associations will not allow you to register with them unless you have Public Liability Insurance
- Some businesses and Local Authorities will ask you to provide proof of Public Liability Insurance with a certain level of cover before they will do business with you
- Public Liability Insurance starts at £1m liability, which means you will be covered for claims up to £1m, however, you can choose to set your limit at £1m, £2m or £5m depending on the job you are working on.
Speak to Arthur J Gallagher about protecting your business on 0345 377 0001 (Mon-Fri, 8am -6pm).
Expert Protection, Simply Done
Insurance covers are subject to the individual terms, conditions and exclusions of the insurer providing them. Always review the policy documentation supplied during the quote process to ensure you have the cover you need.
Bank of Scotland is an introducer to Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited who arrange and administer Bank of Scotland Business Insurance Services and source products from a panel of insurers. Bank of Scotland plc, registered office The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Bank of Scotland plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Financial Services Register number 169628