Lending Standards and support
As your business grows, it can benefit from tailored lending and guidance.
As your business grows, it can benefit from tailored lending and guidance. We will support your business throughout the application process. We also follow lending standards and principles to ensure you’re treated fairly.
- Our appeals process enables your business to pursue your application if you believe it has been wrongly declined or where we have agreed your request but there are conditions of sanction that you are unhappy with.
- We adhere to Standards of Lending Practice, which are monitored and enforced by the LSB: www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk.
The Standards for business customers apply to businesses/organisations, which at the point of lending;
- Have a consolidated turnover of up to £25m; and
- Which does not have a complex ownership structure.
To find out more you can read the statement of responsibilities, which details what’s expected of us, the lender and you the borrower.
If your business has an annual turnover of more than £6.5m, we follow the Lending Principles, which are a further set of standards that you can expect from us.
How we can help your business
Your business can:
- get help and information on a range of topics – from establishing a business to operating globally
- use our finance application checklist, which details the type of information we may ask you for to support your lending application
- try Mentor SME, a free online service that helps you locate local mentoring to suit your business needs – from start-up to succession planning
- source other forms of lending by talking to our business management team.
ANY PROPERTY GIVEN AS SECURITY, WHICH MAY INCLUDE YOUR HOME, MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE OR OTHER DEBTS SECURED ON IT.
All lending is subject to a satisfactory credit assessment and we will need your permission to carry out a credit check on you and your business.
You should not apply for an amount that you cannot comfortably afford to repay now and in the future to avoid the possibility of legal action.
All lending is subject to status. Security may be required.
Overdrafts are repayable on demand.
We adhere to The Standards of Lending Practice which are monitored and enforced by the Lending Standards Board (LSB)
While all reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the information provided is correct, no liability is accepted by Bank of Scotland for any loss or damage caused to any person relying on any statement or omission. This is for information only and should not be relied upon as offering advice for any set of circumstances. Specific advice should always be sought in each instance.