An interview about sustainable business
Tony Danker, the Director-General of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) and Scott Barton, Managing Director of Corporate & Institutional Coverage recently came together to talk about the future of the green economy and how there’s been a change in business attitudes towards investing in sustainable initiatives.
- The trinity of Brexit, COVID-19 and the transition to net zero presents both challenges and opportunities.
- There has been a step change in business attitudes towards investing in sustainable initiatives and decarbonisation.
- The UK has an opportunity to position itself as an exporter of green products, services and expertise.
- There are four key ‘wins’ as businesses focus on sustainability:
- Job creation
- Regional regeneration
- Export success
- There is competitive pressure to embrace sustainable practices across all sectors, throughout the supply chain.
About the authors
Managing Director, Corporate & Institutional Coverage, Commercial Banking, Bank of Scotland
Director-General, Confederation of British Industry (CBI)