Moving your account to us
We can help you make the most of a life in agriculture.
We know that working in agriculture can be more than a job, it’s a way of life. One that takes real dedication. That’s why, with us, you know we’re just as committed to helping you get the best from your banking.
For agricultural guidance, help and support, we have the people on the ground.
Our team members understand agriculture. They know farming, and will get to know how you run your business. Day to day, they’re on the ground and there to help. That's why you can speak directly to someone who will make sure you get the support you need, when you need it.
A Bank of Scotland agriculture bank manager will:
- Work with you to really get to know your business.
- Be contactable on mobile, email, fax.
- Have the back up of a specialist agricultural team.
- Visit your farm or meet you at your local branch.
- Support your business and personal goals through good times and bad.
- Be able to refer you to a whole range of products from Lloyds Banking Group selected companies, including pensions, insurance, machinery finance, investments and currency hedging for Single Farm Payment.
Once you have an open and active account with us, depending on your eligibility, there are two services available to take the hassle out of switching banks.
Current Account Switch Service
We take care of everything and guarantee to complete your switch in seven working days, finishing on the day you choose.
- All your incoming and outgoing payments will be transferred and guaranteed.
- We'll arrange for your old bank to close your previous account and transfer any credit balance to your new Bank of Scotland bank account.
- Any payments to or from your old account will be automatically redirected or forwarded for a period of 13 months.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told we’ll refund any interest or charges you have incurred on your old or new account as a result of a delay caused by us. This does not cover changes or interest resulting from required tasks you or your old bank do not complete.
Transfer of Payment Arrangement Service
You tell us which parts of the switch you want us to handle.
- We'll automatically transfer any payments you specify.
- If you require us to transfer any outstanding credit and/or debit balance from your old account, we will.
- We'll arrange for your old bank to close your previous account if you ask us to.
Banking local to your farm
We know that living an agricultural life is all about rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in. So we take the same approach to banking, with more than 150 specialist team members on the ground covering Bank of Scotland and Lloyds Bank. We keep things local too, with no less than 42 rural offices in all corners of the UK.
We also make it easy for you to do things your way, by offering:
Banking on your computer
Our internet banking service is currently used by over 300,000 business customers and is available to all Bank of Scotland agriculture customers.
Banking on your mobile
Manage your money on the go, with daily updates on your account balance via our text alerts service.
Banking on your phone
Speak to a business adviser who can deal with your account queries and requests using our telephone banking service.
Just get in touch. It’s that easy. In fact, you can find the contact details for your local manager here
Apply now on the phone
Call us to talk to one of our Commercial Onboarding colleagues. We are available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
By completing the online application process you are applying for an Agriculture Business Account from Bank of Scotland.
When you apply, you will need to confirm the following:
- You are a sole trader, partner, or director.
- You are aged 18 or over.
- You require the account for business use.
Before you apply
Before you start your application, you will need to have the following information to hand:
- Contact details for you and your business.
- Personal details of your partners/directors if applicable.
If you don’t currently hold a personal account with Bank of Scotland, all parties will need to provide proof of identity and evidence of their address.
Before you apply for this account, please take a look at the terms and conditions.
After we receive your application, a member of your local business team will call you to complete your application.