Finance application checklist
Supporting your application.
Whether you’re applying for new borrowing or looking to re-finance existing borrowing, it’s important that we understand the background to your request. This allows us to assess your ability to repay and helps you to choose the most appropriate product to meet your needs.
This checklist gives you details of the type of information we may ask you to provide, to support your application. The list and questions we ask you may vary depending on the amount you wish to borrow and your circumstances. We may ask you for further information in addition to the list below.
Your borrowing requirements:
- How much you want to borrow.
- How long you would like to borrow it for.
- Why you want to borrow it.
- How you will repay it.
About your business:
A profile of the business, the owner and/or management team including experience, expertise and track record. How much you and/or the management team have got personally invested in the business. Where the assets being offered as security are located, together with details of the assets, including an accurate estimate of their value (professional valuations will be required in some instances). Whether you have any other borrowing commitments.
Depending on your borrowing request, we may also ask you to provide us with:
- Business plans — usually covering the term of the borrowing.
- Cash flow forecasts — usually covering the term of the borrowing.
- Details of your business assets and liabilities, including any additional income from other sources.
- Management accounts.
- Historic financial accounts (for example, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements).
Please note: finance is provided for business use only.
Any property given as security, which may include your home, may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage or other debts secured on it.