Switch to us
A hassle-free switch with our dedicated switching team..
- 6 months’ free day-to-day³ business banking²
- No charge for electronic payments when your free banking period ends
- A guaranteed switch in 7 working days, from when your account is opened using the Current Account Switch Service.
You’ll be looked after by our dedicated switching team, they take care of all the details so you can focus on running your business.
When your 6-month free banking period ends, the simple pricing below will apply. There is no charge for electronic payments, including withdrawing cash from a cash machine and paying by debit card.
Monthly account fee4
Electronic payments (in or out)5
Cash payments (in or out)6
The first £1500 per month.
£1 per £100
Cash payments (in or out)6
Anything over £1500 per month.
£0.80 per £100
Cheques (in or out) 7
4A fixed fee for operating your account.
5Includes online, automated and debit card payments.
6Cash you pay into or withdraw from your account using our branch counter or deposit machine. We don’t charge for ATM withdrawals.
7Credit in is a fee charged when paying in a credit of any combination of cheques or cash at the branch counter. We do not charge a credit in fee when you use an Immediate Deposit Machine or Night Safe.
To find out what your likely monthly charges would be for the Business Current Account, use the Business Business Current Account calculator.
You’ll have access to Business KnowledgeBox, our collection of online guides and reports on everything from financial planning and legal issues to understanding your customers. Written by industry experts, download instantly or receive them by email.
Watch our video to find out how Business KnowledgeBox could support your business.
Easy ways to bank
Your account comes with some quick and convenient ways to manage your business finances:
- Internet Banking - gives you a secure way to access and manage your accounts 24 hours a day, including making payments and transfers.
- Telephone Banking - lets you look after your day-to-day banking by speaking to one of our business management team or using our round the clock automated service.
- Mobile Banking and Text Alerts - register to keep track of your accounts while you’re on the move.
- In branch - our branch staff are always happy to help with your day-to-day banking.
Product offers for your business
- We offer all kinds of financial support, from business loans and hire purchase to overdrafts, invoice finance and charge cards. We approve 8 out of 10 lending applications ~.
- If you are a Payment Service Provider, find out how you can qualify for Indirect Payment System Access.
- Business insurance – leading UK broker Arthur J Gallagher can help you find the right business insurance and secure a competitive quote.
- Accept card payments – Cardnet® allows you to take card payments in person, online or by phone.
- Access to a range of international products and services, designed to help you trade with confidence.
Moving your account to us takes just seven working days, from when your account is opened. Our dedicated switching team offer a simple and reliable service.
We can move everything for you with the Current Account Switch Service, or you can ask us to move individual payments and balances with the Transfer of Payment Arrangement Service.
Current Account Switch Service
- arrange for your old bank to close your previous account and transfer any credit balance to your new Bank of Scotland account
- transfer all incoming and outgoing payments within the seven working day guarantee
- redirect all payments to and from your old account to your new account for at least three years
If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told we will refund any interest or charges you have incurred on your old or new account as a result of a delay caused by us. This does not cover changes or interest resulting from required tasks you or your old bank do not complete.
For more information:
Transfer of Payment Arrangement Service
- specify the payments you would like us to transfer
- ask us to transfer any outstanding credit and/or debit balance from your old account
- choose whether or not you’d like us to arrange for your old bank to close your previous account.
We’ve taken the difficult decision to temporarily stop accepting new business account applications to ensure colleagues can continue to provide vital support to existing customers at this unprecedented time. This also applies to any applications that have already started.
This is undoubtedly going to cause a level of inconvenience, but please be reassured that we’ll either contact you to continue your application, or reinstate the ability to accept new account applications at the earliest opportunity. Thank you for your understanding at this time.
1Applies to small businesses, including individuals setting up their first business bank account.
2Six months’ free day-to-day business banking for customers when switching from a business account held elsewhere.
3 Free day-to-day business banking includes electronic payments, cheques, cash, deposits and withdrawals. All we ask is that you operate your account in credit or within agreed limits. Free electronic payments include Direct Debits, Standing Orders, Debit Card Transactions, Bank of Scotland/Other Bank ATM Withdrawals, Internet/PhoneBank Debits/Credits, Faster Payment Debits/Credits, Internet Bulk Payments and Automated Credits.
~ 8 out of 10 relates to period April 2012 to November 2014 on Loans and Overdrafts.
Cardnet® is a registered trademark of Lloyds Bank plc.