Protect your business from fraud
Discover how fraud can affect your business and what you can do about it.
- double check if a supplier asks you to change their details. You can do this by calling them on the number you have saved.
- confirm with the sender if you get an email from your business owner or a supplier asking you to make an urgent payment is real.
- be careful when you open any emails that you weren’t expecting (even if you think you know the sender). Don’t click on any links or attachments unless you are sure they're safe.
- download something or give remote access (control of your device) if someone unexpected asks.
- share your internet banking details, card reader codes, your password or your PIN.
- move your money to a “safe/holding/secure account” for “security purposes”. We would never ask you to do this and neither would the police.
Take Five is a national campiagn that gives advice to people to help protect them from fraud.