Gameplan exclusive – where next for UK international trade?
We examine the options with Lord Digby Jones
In a Gameplan exclusive, veteran business journalist Declan Curry puts former Trade Minister Lord Digby Jones on the spot to explore what the EU referendum outcome means for British businesses – and what they should be doing to secure a sustainable future.
About the author
After six years as Chairman of the CBI, Lord Digby Jones was appointed Minister of State for UK Trade & Investment in 2007 and became a life peer taking the title, Digby, Lord Jones of Birmingham Kb. He is Chairman and non-executive director for a number of companies.
Former BBC Breakfast presenter and award-winning journalist, Declan Curry, has appeared on numerous radio and television programmes and written extensively for newspapers and business publications. He also sits on the National Business Awards Advisory Board and the Global Economic Symposium.
Whether new to exporting or a seasoned international trader, Lord Digby Jones has a wealth of experience that businesses can tap into to better understand UK trade relations and international trade prospects in the post-referendum landscape.
Chapter 1: Trade in Europe: business as usual?
In discussion with Declan, he delivers his forthright views on issues including tariff-free trade, emerging markets and the international outlook for UK businesses.
Chapter 2: Exporting: the risk of inaction
Chapter 3: Developing a new market
While all reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the information provided is correct, no liability is accepted by Bank of Scotland for any loss or damage caused to any person relying on any statement or omission. This is for information only and should not be relied upon as offering advice for any set of circumstances. Specific advice should always be sought in each instance. The views and opinions set out in this article are those of the author, and do not reflect the views of Bank of Scotland plc nor are they endorsed by Bank of Scotland plc.
- Fraud Guidance
- Next steps: employing EU nationals pre and post-exit
- Video exclusive: how a passion for exporting has driven international success
- How to help protect your business against impersonation fraud
- The UK’s fastest growing sectors
- Fast Track to international trade success
- Grenson – challenges and opportunities of opening its first overseas store
- PROPERCORN – the popcorn brand that’s redefining growth metrics
- How regulation is reshaping the payments landscape
- GDPR: how to turn compliance into competitive advantage