We give you free day-to-day banking* when you’re in credit.
Our Treasurer's account is for small, non-profit making organisations with a turnover below £50,000**. We'll give you free day-to-day banking when you're in credit and our Business Management Team to support you. That way you can spend less time on administration and more time on raising funds and looking after your members or clients.
- Manage your Treasurer’s account online 24/7† and by phone.
- Free day-to-day banking* as long as you’re in credit.
- Guidance and support from our Business Management Team.
- Our Treasurer's account won't cost you a penny – we don't make any charges for day-to-day debit and credit entries as long as you stay in credit.
- You’ll need to keep your account within agreed limits, for instance, not going overdrawn without agreeing it with us first.
- If you apply for additional services such as Direct Debit and Bulk Payments to pay suppliers or wages and salaries you may be charged to use these. Details of these services and charges can be provided by our Business Management Team.
Opening a business current account is an important step for any business. To help you prepare, the following guide brings you the essential details and documents you will need to open your account.
We’ve taken the difficult decision to temporarily stop accepting new business account applications to ensure colleagues can continue to provide vital support to existing customers at this unprecedented time. This also applies to any applications that have already started.
This is undoubtedly going to cause a level of inconvenience, but please be reassured that we’ll either contact you to continue your application, or reinstate the ability to accept new account applications at the earliest opportunity. Thank you for your understanding at this time.
*Free day-to-day business banking includes cheques, standing orders, cash, UK Sterling Direct Debits, deposits and withdrawals. All we ask is that you operate your account in credit or within agreed limits and don't go overdrawn without agreeing it with us first. See our Rates and Charges page for information on the charges that apply to CHAPS transfers.
** Account turnover is defined as the debit and / or credit turnover on a current account. This is expected to be less than £50,000 per year and the organisation is not likely to require borrowing facilities.
If the Account Turnover on your Treasurers' Account, or the total Account Turnover where you have more than one Treasurers' Account, exceeds £50,000 you will cease to be eligible for the Treasurers' Account. Your Treasurers' Account(s) will cease to be designated Treasurers' Account(s) and these Terms and Conditions will cease to apply. The account(s) will be subject to the General Terms and Conditions only and the Business Current Account will be applied to the account(s). We will give you 2 months’ prior written notice of any such change.
¥ Our standard business tariffs apply to business current accounts.
† Open from 7am to 10pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday. We are closed on Bank Holidays.