Base Rate Loan
Flexible finance to match your business needs
Your loan is linked to the Bank of England Bank Rate so the interest rate that you pay will change as the Bank Rate changes.
- Get a quote online in minutes (your credit rating will not be affected).
- Borrow from as little as £1000
- Choose a term to suit your business needs
- No early repayment costs
- Interest rate varies with Bank of England Bank Rate
- Loans available on a secured or unsecured basis
- Capital repayment holidays may be available
- For loan amounts over £1 million, a part amortising option may be available
- 9.3% APR1 (variable) representative*
Representative example: 9.3% APR based on an assumed unsecured loan amount of £8,000 with 60 monthly repayments of £165.68 at an annual interest rate of 8.90% (variable). Total amount payable £9,940.80.
*The representative APR is an illustration of the rate that the majority of customers will receive. If a loan is described as having a particular representative APR, then we expect to offer that rate or better to at least 51% of the applicants we accept. Other customers may get a different rate based on their individual circumstances.
Our representative APR applies to all unsecured loans with a borrowing amount of up to £25,000 for businesses with a turnover of up to £25 million. This figure is not necessarily the rate you will be receiving and is for illustrative purposes only.
For all loans over £25,000 you will pay an arrangement fee of up to 1.5% on the amount of your loan. We will discuss full terms with you before any loan is taken out.
Talk to us about your plans and we’ll let you know how much we may be able to lend you. We’ll agree interest rates with you and let you know if we need security on your borrowing. We’ll also discuss all terms and conditions with you before you take out your loan.
If your financing needs are more complex, we may have an alternative product that may suit your needs better.
When you apply
You’ll need to confirm that:
- you are a sole trader, or a partner or director of the business
- you are over the age of 18
- the finance you wish to secure is for business use only.
You’ll also need to have the following information to hand:
- the amount of money you would like to borrow
- the reason you want to borrow the money
- how long you wish to take to repay the money.
Please view our:
Any property given as security, which may include your home, may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage or other debts secured on it.
All lending is subject to a satisfactory credit assessment and we will need your permission to carry out a credit check on you and your business.
You should not apply for an amount that you cannot comfortably afford to repay now and in the future to avoid the possibility of legal action.
1Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is the total cost of the credit expressed as an annual percentage of the total amount of credit. It represents the actual yearly cost of credit over the loan term and includes not only the interest but also any other charges you have to pay, for example, an arrangement fee. The APR will vary depending on the loan amount and term.